Instructions for looking up an LCD (Local Coverage Determination) for a specific procedure:
- Visit http://www.cms.gov/medicare-coverage-database/
- In the right sidebar, click to select "Local Coverage Documents"
- Select the area you are interested in using the "Select Area" drop-down
- Enter the procedure code in the box labelled "Enter CPT/HCPCS Code"
- Click on the red "SEARCH BY TYPE" button
- Scroll to the bottom of the results page to see the LCD title(s)
- Click on the red "+" to show a secondary list
- Click on the blue link under the "LCD ID" heading
Congratulations! You now should be viewing the LCD.
Of course, you could just use our free LCD lookup tool and get the same results far more quickly :)